Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Who's Your Daddy?

My poor friend.  She totally missed “The 46” this morning.  Our driver came at 7:22am, and unfortunately, she didn’t quite make it to the stop on time.  I’m sure she got to enjoy quite a nice ride on “The 78” with the fabulous driver who always stops for a snack break.

I hopped onto “The 46” and was greeted by my always-friendly driver (insert sarcasm here).  My membership card worked today – woot woot!  I slid the card and began walking towards an open seat near the front.  As I started walking, he pulled away, and instead of gracefully sitting down, I slid (or should I say I was forced by speed and velocity) right into the seat.  I'm sure my “friends” all got a good chuckle out of that. 

I got settled in and took a quick look around.  Because my driver was early today, many of my “friends” were missing and “The 46” was quite empty.  A few people were hanging out in the back, and one of my “friends” wass sleeping up front, pretty near to me.  I pulled out my phone to read through the emails I received overnight.  I read through a quite witty email from The Skimm about Minnesota beating up on Indiana… Here’s a quick quote from the email:  “Hoosier daddy? Minnesota."  

As I completed my reading, I heard some grunts coming from the front of “The 46”, my sleeping “friend.”  Talk about awkward.  She then followed with a couple of “whats” and “ohs”.  Hmm, guess it must be a pretty good dream if she feels the need to sleep talk and allow all of the other riders into her thoughts.  Thanks for the offer, but I’d really rather ride in silence.  She awoke with the buzz of her cell phone, and preceded to stick the phone in her hood so she wouldn’t have to hold it.  What is wrong with these people?!

Yep!

Keep living your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...