Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Road Less (or Most) Traveled



I just read a tweet quoting Robert Frost's poem, The Road Not Taken.  I like to believe that I have taken many un-traveled roads in my life, but this morning, I decided against it.

I awoke to a very icy-coated landscape outside my bedroom window.  I was a bit worried about the state of the sidewalks, so I chose to wear my Sperry Topsider duck shoes.  Thank goodness!

I slid, literally slid, out the door of the apartment stairwell onto the sidewalk. I knew it would be quite an interesting walk to the pickup stop.  I think I walked approximately 6 feet on the sidewalk before I realized it would be much easier to walk on the road, which had been salted quite well.  I literally walked down the middle of the street because the sidewalk near the stop was extremely slippery.  

It was a little awkward cause I think I may have been in the way of some drivers.  Sorry, I'm not sorry.

Robert Frost

Keep living your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...