Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Non-Traditional Morning

This morning, I decided coffee was more important than catching “The 46”…

For the first time ever, my alarm did not go off, probably due to the fact that I forgot to set it last night, but that’s still under investigation.  I woke up in a bit of a panic, but thankfully I was able to quickly touch up a few strands of hair and I was good to go with that part of my morning.

With my hair finished, I quickly pulled together an outfit and a lunch. 

I’m not sure what prompted me to make a cup of joe, but it sounded good on a cold morning like today.  Please note, it was 7:14am and I leave my humble abode for “The 48” at 7:17am.  I heated up some water, poured the coffee powder into a to-go cup and sat down at the kitchen table.  I knew I had plenty of time before the water was finished so I packed my work bag and then decided I should write a thank you note.  Reader, I know what you’re thinking “SERIOUSLY?!  Who writes a thank you note at 7:17am?”  It was important, okay (sassy emphasis on “okay”).  Halfway through the note, I checked the time:  7:16am.  Panic set in, but the coffee was not finished, so I carried on (while I tried to keep calm) with my writing. 

As I signed my name on the note, the water finished heating.  7:18am.  Quickly stirred the powder and water, pulled on my coat, grabbed my bag and ran out the door. 

In order to catch “The 46”, I knew I would have to speed walk (running would cause spilled-coffee burns).


To be continued…

as always...working on it!


Keep living your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...