Monday, February 11, 2013

The Pregnant Man...



Hmm....  I'm not even sure how to describe this morning's ride into work.  

This week, one of my best friends from school is back riding "The 46" with me.  Today, she was surely welcomed back with open arms.

When we boarded "The 46" it was around 7:25 am.  It was a beautiful spring like morning outside, so we didn't even mind the wait, although our hair was quite messy.  We took our seats, after swiping our cards (they even have our pictures on them, so cool, I know) and hoped for a peaceful ride on this Monday morning.

The ride was anything but that.  One of my “friends” was having quite a loud conversation this morning.  He started preaching to this couple, but honestly, I’m pretty sure he wanted us all to hear because he was practically screaming at the top of his lungs.  We got to learn about my “friend’s” preacher, his beliefs, death, and how he thought he was a pregnant woman.  Well, alrighty then.

“The 46” came to a screeching halt, and the man was called to the front to see our driver.  Since he refused to move from his seat, our driver had to come back to him to ask him to get off the vehicle.  Let me quickly interject that our driver is foreign, and has a bit of an accent.  My pregnant man “friend” decided to start talking in Spanish, acting as though he couldn't hear the driver telling him he needed to exit.  My pregnant man “friend” also told us that he would not exit the vehicle until we got him a translator to translate the driver’s faint accent.  My “friends” were getting antsy and started yelling about being late to class and work.  It was quite a scene.

So in my head I’m thinking, “OMG NOW I’M ANNOYED BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR FIVE WHOLE MINUTES!!!”  Finally, I think it was because all other riders were annoyed and yelling, the man got off (insert rude, harsh, derogatory comments here).

After he exited, we were all trying to stifle our laughs, but that didn’t last long.  Chuckles grew louder when my “friend” who had been sitting directly across from the pregnant man told us she didn’t even realize he had been talking directly at her.  I’m amazed that she had the ability to tune him out!

To end this morning’s post, here’s a quote from my “friend”:  “Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.”

By the way, I was so frazzled from this incident that I totally forgot summer class registration went up inline this morning, so BIG thanks to my roommate for the reminder! 



Keep living your dream!


especially with the off limit topics- politics and religion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...