Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Did I Just Agree to Be Your New BFF?


Hello all!

I certainly hope you all enjoyed a day of relaxation yesterday, or your day of work if your chosen corporation did not feel the need to honor our great Presidents.  Sorry to all of you, but let's just say, I personally had quite an eventful, yet relaxing President's Day - thanks for asking!

Back to the corporate grind today - woo???

I arrived at the stop a bit early today, because my driver thinks it's fun to arrive ahead of schedule and leave me behind.  I'm also really trying to cut down on my early morning workouts (which is bad since working out more frequently is one of my Lenten goals) so I knew I needed to leave my apartment with plenty of time to spare.  I think I arrived around 7:17am today just to be sure I would catch the bus, so needless to say, I was in the company of me, myself, and I.  While my own personal thoughts are quite entertaining, I was glad to see a couple new "friends" arrive at the stop a few minutes later.  What a friendly woman!  She talked my ear off, and while I couldn't understand half the things she was saying, I smiled, nodded, and hoped that I hadn't agreed to anything, like babysitting her school-aged child. 


Before I forget, I should tell you that the bus arrived at 7:29am, so my new "friend" really chatted away.  Normally, I'm the one dominating a conversation, but today, I gladly shared the role with my "friend" - this may or may not be attributed to my state of still-half-asleep.
Smile at a stranger, and make two people happy.- Amy Neumann

Keep living your dream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...