Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Always Save the Best for Last


Hello readers!  I regret to inform you that I will be going on hiatus until my next co-op in the fall semester.  I know, you may be shedding some tears, I practically am, too.  I'm currently trying to find a new topic to blog about.  Want to help me out?  Leave a comment below.

So here's the thing, I've saved my very best luxury vehicle story for last because it is my favorite.  While it may be super embarrassing, it's quite funny to look back on.

Let me take you back to about week 2 on my co-op.  I was wearing my huge puffy coat - probably wasn't needed, but I'm always freezing and it gave me some protection walking down Calhoun.  I was running a bit late, so I remember literally throwing everything in my bag and placing my phone and membership card for The Met in my coat pockets.  I was sprinting to the bus stop, probably looking like a fool, but that's pretty much besides the point.  As I neared the corner at The 46's stop, and I reached in my pocket to pull out my card...  and it wasn't there,  PANIC.  The 46 was pulling around the corner, so I took off back to my apartment as to avoid the embarrassment of not having my card.

As I walked back, I searched the sidewalks and the street for the card, but it was nowhere to be found.  Fear was truly setting in and when I arrived back at the apartment, I searched far and wide for the pass with no luck.  I knew I was going to be late for The 46, so I went out searching again on my way back to the pickup area.  I grew more disheartened when I had to call my mom for advice on how to handle the situation.  Needless to say, I was freaking out and needed to calm down.  Just as The 78 was coming around the corner, I decided I wasn't going to pay to take it downtown.  I walked back to the apartment, again, in hopes that my roomie was still there.  As I was walking, I happened to look down and see my Met pass (I knew because the girl pictured on it looked strangely like me) lying near the curb.  I bent down to picked it up and.......   RRRRiiiiiPPPP!  The squat I had chosen wasn't exactly conducive the the multiple bags I was carrying while wearing jeans.  Thank goodness for the puffy coat.  Otherwise, Calhoun would have got quite a show that morning.  

I was so relieved about finding my pass, and it was even better when I found my roommate hadn't left for work yet.  She was willing to drop me off downtown, but I definitely needed to change my pants first.  

A huge thanks to all who have helped make this blog a success.  I look forward to more adventures in the fall!



In the meantime, keep living your dream!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...